One of the reasons I adore blogging and all things social media is because you essentially get to meet new people every day if you try. Then if you are lucky you get to meet said people IRL. I think it is about time for a DC-blogger meet up. (just saying) Someone who was just introduced to me the other day is Emily from Gathering Green, (hat tip to Ashley). We've only been Tweeting back & forth for like 24 hours, but already know that we will have lots in common. So it is kind of fun that she nominated me for the Leibster Award.
The Liebster Award is a fun survey to tag and promote the smaller bloggers in the blogsphere. Once you’ve been nominated, you in turn nominate other blogs to continue the trend.
So without further ado....
11 Fun Facts About Me
- I have lived in each place that I held an internship in during college (NYC and DC)
- Each summer I watch two guilty pleasure reality television shows-- Big Brother and So You Think You Can Dance
- I believe that I can win one of those shows if I really set my mind to it (and I am not a dancer, so you know which one I think I can win)
- When road tripping I choose incredibly unhealthy foods to eat--I just do not feel a car trip is the same without Cool Ranch Doritos and Sour Patch Kids
- I could eat an orange every day and never tired of it
- At one point, I really wanted to be the White House Press Secretary and emailed George Stephanopoulos to find out how to do it (he emailed me back with career recommendations!)
- As a child I regularly visited Disney World and was terrified of Beast when I saw him
- I enjoy post-apocalyptic novels, even if they are Young Adult
- If I could change anything about me, I would be a bit taller, not much but just enough
- Upon retirement, I would like to travel the world
- I like college football more then professional football, but love them both
11 Questions from Gathering Green
- Planes, trains, or automobiles? Since I started commuting to NYC for work every other week I have quite a fondness for trains. I can arrive 15 minutes before departure AND work during the entire trip.
- Ice cream or fro yo? Depends on the day, sometimes you just really need the real thing
- What is your favorite exercise/physical activity? (biking, running, hiking, etc) I am a runner through and through, but I also love lifting weights.
- Lake or beach? Why? Beach. I like the sand and I don’t like that I can’t see the bottom of most lakes. Although I do like Lake Tahoe.
- What was one of your favorite toys growing up? Spirograph, I am not creative in the sense that I can’t draw or paint or even cut in a straight line, so this allowed me to be fancy.
- What is the most exciting place you have visited? (country, city, somewhere down the street, anywhere) I love Europe, mostly because I am a history freak…so any time I get to play history nerd I love it.
- What is your favorite coffee or tea drink? Chai tea latte (hot or cold)
- What is your favorite day of the week and why? Thursday, the weekend is so close
- Are you a morning or night person? Mid-day person.
- What is your favorite kind of granola bar? I haven’t had a granola bar in years, but Chewey bars will forever hold a special place in my heart.
- You’re going out to dinner, which type of restaurant would you prefer: Italian, Mexican or Chinese/Japanese? Oh man, I used to crave sushi like no other, but really I think I have a deep love for Mexican and could eat a variation of it every day, without fail.
Questions for My Nominees:
- What are five things you can't live without?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What is your favorite way to indulge?
- If you could have any super power what would it be?
- How do you keep yourself sane during high stress days?
- What was your favorite childhood game?
- What is your favorite way to sneak in a workout?
- If you were incredibly rich would you (a) hire a chef; (b) hire a personal trainer; (c) hire a personal shopper?
- Where do you get most of your health/fitness news?
- What is your favorite music to work out to?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?