Healthier Ways to Satisfy a Sweet Tooth
Josh and I have been on a “healthier” kick since mid-December. Yes, we like to start our refocus in the middle of the holidays when things are slower and we have more time to focus and get in a routine. I swear it works.
One of the first things we cut out was our regular ice cream treats. That doesn’t mean my sweet tooth disappeared like my weekly walk down the ice cream aisle at Publix.
My go to evening snack is a Siggi’s vanilla yogurt (yeah there’s still lots of sugar, but the protein is a nice added bonus) with Justin’s almond honey butter. It’s the perfect balance.
However, as much a I love that it can get boring. So we tried making flourless brownies. Oh. Wow.
The secret ingredient here is chickpeas. Yes, you read that right. Everything gets blended together in a food processor, popped into the oven for 25 Minutes and the creamiest, smoothest brownies I’ve ever had emerged.
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Drop everything into the food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Place into a greased pan (9x9)
- Bake for 25 Minutes or until a toothpick runs clean
What you need to do it:
- 15 Oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of butter (slightly melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips