Workout Clothes Obsession
Before I started working from home, I wasn't all that concerned about how my leggings looked or whether my shirts and sports bras were matching. Lululemon was where it was at, I stopped in almost every other week picked out a new tank or long sleeve tech shirt and that was it. New season, new colors. Yay! My leggings were basic and were focused on anything that didnt chafe and kept me warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer.
Flash forward six or so years and my regular wardrobe became dominated by athleisure. THANK YOU WHOMEVER DECIDED THAT WAS A THING!
Now I want my workout clothes to have two purposes:
1) No chafing, taking stink away and all that jazz
2) Cute enough that when I am dropping Dylan off at school and running errands that I feel good but don't feel like I should be wearing regular clothes
So I've started branching out beyond Lulu (literally haven't bought anything from Lulu in almost a year) and have been pleasantly surprised with a few brands.
- C9 Champion for Target: As if Target wasn't already someplace where you can drop unnecessary amounts of money (especially now that I have a child, I just want to buy all the clothes!). Champion really stepped up its game for their Target line and I am loving it. They are relatively affordable (plus Target often has discounts running) and hold up well. I have several tanks in different colors and while their sports bras aren't made for lots of jumping or running, they are good for strength days.
- Zella by Nordstrom: I honestly don't know what took me so long to start wearing Zella. My mom bought me a few when I was pregnant because I had read that the "live in leggings" were fantastic. The bloggers were right...there is a reason they are called live in leggings. I quickly increased my haul and expanded it to sports bras. I really like them for yoga and pilates, again not great for high impact. I also really love matching my leggings and sports bras they are just too cute. I haven't purchased any tops yet, but a few have caught my eye recently.
- PRISM Sport: This is a new brand for me, Sara Haley mentioned them on her Instagram and I decided to check them that. I really love these leggings. They are light and move with you pretty well. I've worn them for yoga and MMX. For yoga I felt like I kept having to pull them up as they rolled down, but during MMX it didn't happen---and I was twisting a lot. Staying on theme, the sports bra didn't really fit me that great and it wasn't made for high impact.
- Liquido Active: Perusing Instagram I came across Liquido Active, the leggings are like second skin. When I became a regular hot yoga attendee these became my go to leggings. The Lululemon ones I had been wearing just seemed to soak up the sweat and become almost heavy, 45 minutes into class and Liquido Active leggings had me feeling cool and as if I just started my practice.
So those are my current obsessions. As you can see, I am still on the hunt for the best high impact bra for my new mom boobs.