I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. And when my sweet tooth is really bad it is followed by a craving for something salty. That's why I usually have yogurt with some sort of salty topping. Then I saw this gem of a recipe on Pinterest and thought "perfect." Mostly because it was something sweet that also excited my cookies n cream loving husband. A few of my friends (more like a lot) immediately responded to a picture I posted about starting the experiment so I decided to write up a quick recipe post. (This is for you, person who was having trouble with understanding how to crush Oreos.)
1. Popcorn (we used microwaveable, natural..no butter)
2. Oreos (we were suckered into purchasing Cookies N Cream Oreos, which taste exactly like regular Oreos)
3. Vanilla candies (we went with Hershey's Cookies N Cream, please see hubby's favorite sweet)
1. Pop the popcorn as directed. Try to remove all the unopened kernels.
3. Mix the Oreos and popcorn together in a SUPER LARGE bowl (this keeps the spill over to a minimum).
4. In 30 sec. intervals melt the vanilla candies in the microwave. Stir after each.
5. Once melted pour over the popcorn/Oreo mixture. Stir. (Our large bowl comes with a lid so I shook mine up to spread the wealth.)
6. Place on a cooling rack.
We will be enjoying ours while watching the Walking Dead this evening. Hope you like it!